Not sure where to begin with your home improvement projects? The City of Brooklyn Park is dedicated to assisting homeowners and can help connect you with the following loan programs through the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE):
- NEW – Rental Rehabilitation Loan Program
- Down Payment Assistance Program
- Home Energy Squad Enhanced (see below as well)
- Home Improvement Loan Program
- Home Rehabilitation Deferred Loans
- On Bill Repayment Loan Program
For more information contact John Kinara, Housing and Redevelopment Specialist for the City of Brooklyn Park, or the city’s nonprofit partner. The Center for Energy and Environment administers the program on behalf of the city.
Phone and email
Home energy visit
Home Energy Squad has helped over 15,000 homeowners in the metro area.
This program offers a customized home energy visit where two energy professionals will educate you about ways to save money and energy in your home and also help make it more comfortable.
The home visit also qualifies you for utility rebates, as well as access to specialized energy financing.
During the visit
At the visit the team will:
- Install energy saving materials such as:
- Door weather-stripping
- Programmable thermostat
- High efficiency water fixtures and light bulbs
- Water heater blanket
- Perform a blower door test to measure your home for air leaks.
- Complete an insulation inspection.
- Perform safety checks on your heating system and water heater.
- Recommend cost-effective energy upgrades.
- Leave you with a report that serves as a road map for next steps you can take to make your home more energy efficient.
Funding for the program
The Brooklyn Park Economic Development Authority is supporting Home Energy Squad Enhanced by paying for half of the visit cost for residents. Home Energy Squad is provided by CenterPoint Energy and Xcel Energy and delivered by the Center for Energy and Environment, a local nonprofit.
Phone and email
Center for Energy and Environment (CEE)
Visit Home Energy Squad Enhanced