About the dome
The Brooklyn Park Sports Dome at Park Center Senior High was constructed and is operated, collaboratively between the City of Brooklyn Park and Osseo Area Schools. The dome features a full-size soccer field, three batting cages, a walking track (protected by netting) and a lobby building with restrooms.
The dome will be inflated each year from approximately November 1 until April 15.
The 400’ x 230’ Sports Dome has divider netting that allows the turf field to be split in half and includes field markings for:
- Soccer (One (1) full-field or two (2) cross-field)
The three batting cages are located outside of the field space and can be used while the fields are used for other activities.
Dome rental rates
|Saturday||8 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m.-9 p.m.|
|Holidays||10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||6-8 a.m. or 7-11 p.m.|
|Sunday||6-8 a.m. or 9-11 p.m.|
For more information about facility rentals, please contact Mike Ramirez.
Come to the Sports Dome to walk or jog indoors during the winter months free of charge (excluding open dome times) during scheduled track hours. The turf field is surrounded by protective netting.
4.8 laps around the track are the equivalent of one (1) mile.
- Walkers keep to the inside of the track (next to the netting)
- Joggers keep to the outside of the track
- Baby strollers are allowed
- No sprinting
- No bicycles, tricycles, etc.
- Be aware of your surroundings, as the dome is an active sports facility
- Do not leave personal items unattended next to the track
- The City is not responsible for lost items
The Sports Dome features three batting cages that can be used during baseball/softball rentals or can be rented individually during designated times. Each batting cage is supplied with a JUGS BP1 Combo Baseball/Softball machine, bucket of baseballs/softballs and protective netting.
Batting cage time rents for $25 per half hour or $40 per hour. Reservation information coming soon.
Open dome times
The Brooklyn Park Sports Dome will have a monthly schedule of open dome times that allow users to gain access to the space for just $3.00 per session. An entry fee is required for all individuals who enter the dome.
Open Dome guidelines:
- Baseball and softball grounders are allowed in single file lines only. There will be no pitching or hitting allowed
- Lacrosse passing/stick handling is allowed. Lacrosse goals are not allowed on the field.
- Batting cages may be rented during Open Dome times, but are not part of the $3.00 admission
- No baseball, softball or lacrosse games are allowed.
- Coaches may not conduct organized practices
Artificial turf fields
When the Brooklyn Park Sports Dome is not inflated, there are two artificial turf fields available for rent. Each field is the size of a regulation soccer field with markings for football, soccer and lacrosse.