About the dome
The Brooklyn Park Sports Dome at Park Center Senior High was constructed and is operated, collaboratively between the City of Brooklyn Park and Osseo Area Schools. The dome features a full-size soccer field, three batting cages, a walking track (protected by netting) and a lobby building with restrooms.
The dome will be inflated each year from approximately November 1 until April 15.
The Brooklyn Park Sports Dome will be closed:
- Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Friday, December 24, 2021
- Saturday, December 25, 2021
- Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Sunday, April 17, 2022
Please read the Brooklyn Park Sports Dome Covid-19 Guidelines before entering the facility.
The 400’ x 230’ Sports Dome has divider netting that allows the turf field to be split in half and includes field markings for:
- Soccer (One (1) full-field or two (2) cross-field)
The three batting cages are located outside of the field space and can be used while the fields are used for other activities.
Dome rental rates
|Saturday||8 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m.-9 p.m.|
|Holidays||10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||6-8 a.m. or 7-11 p.m.|
|Sunday||6-8 a.m. or 9-11 p.m.|
For more information about facility rentals, please contact Mike Ramirez.
Come to the Sports Dome to walk or jog indoors during the winter months free of charge (excluding open dome times) during scheduled track hours. The turf field is surrounded by protective netting. For safety reasons the track will not be available during baseball or softball uses on the field.
4.8 laps around the track are the equivalent of one (1) mile.
Walking track schedule
View the walking schedule by clicking the link or viewing the calendar below:
Please review the rules below:
- Masks are required to enter the facility
- Masks can be removed when exercising
- Staff will monitor onsite capacity
- The track (no field use) is only open for individuals walking/jogging – no sports, teams, or sprinting please!
- The Dome temperature will be 55 degrees, sometimes less, pending the outdoor temperature. Please dress appropriately.
- Please maintain social distancing of 12 feet when using the facility and track.
- Walking and jogging will be one direction. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be counterclockwise, while Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday will be clockwise.
- Only water is permitted in the Dome.
- There is no cost to use the walking path, unless it is during open dome hours on Fridays.
- Strollers are welcome.
- The City of Brooklyn Park loves pets, but they are not allowed inside the dome.
The Sports Dome features three batting cages that can be used during baseball/softball rentals or can be rented individually during designated times. Each batting cage is supplied with a JUGS BP1 Combo Baseball/Softball machine, bucket of baseballs/softballs and protective netting.
Batting cage time rents for $25 per half hour or $40 per hour. To see availability please click the link below. To reserve, please call our recreation office at 763-493-8333. Payment is due at the time of reservation.
Open dome times
The Brooklyn Park Sports Dome will have a monthly schedule of open dome times that allow users to gain access to the space for just $3.00 per session. An entry fee is required for all individuals who enter the dome. Cash only. No officiated games are allowed.
March 2022 Open Dome Times:
April 1, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
April 8, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
April 15, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
All public open time participants will be required to provide their contact information when paying for dome time. This information will be used in the event that contact tracing is necessary.
Open Dome guidelines:
- Officiated games are strictly prohibited during this time.
- Baseball and softball grounders are allowed in single file lines only. There will be no pitching or hitting allowed
- Lacrosse passing/stick handling is allowed. Lacrosse goals are not allowed on the field.
- Batting cages may be rented during Open Dome times, but are not part of the $3.00 admission
- No baseball, softball or lacrosse games are allowed.
- Coaches may not conduct organized practices
Artificial turf fields
When the Brooklyn Park Sports Dome is not inflated, there are two artificial turf fields available for rent. Each field is the size of a regulation soccer field with markings for football, soccer and lacrosse.
|Group||Cost per hour/day|