Our city codes help ensure our community stays healthy and safe!
The Environmental Health program is responsible for investigating and responding to property maintenance complaints. Concerns range from general nuisances to housing maintenance issues, such as:
- Long grass
- Junk and debris
- Exterior storage
- Inoperable vehicles
- Broken windows
- Deteriorating siding/roofs
Know The Code
The City of Brooklyn Park produced videos to assist our residents with information on city ordinances.
Reporting a concern
For animal complaints, noisy parties, on-street parking violations, suspicious activities or immediate health or safety concerns, contact the police at 911.
Environmental health concerns
For all other neighborhood and business complaints that cannot be resolved through neighbor cooperation, contact Code Enforcement and Public Health.
Information to provide when filing a concern:
- Your name and how we can reach you. We may need to contact you for more information or to give you updates. Your information is private.
- The address where your concern is at. Include the house number and street name.
- Details of your concern. Tell us where to find the problem and what it is. This information is very helpful for our investigation.
Did you receive a correction order?
If you receive a notice from the city, do not ignore it!
Please correct the issues listed on the notice. If you do not understand or need more time to complete a project, call the city employee listed on the notice immediately.
Failure to meet City regulations and standards may result in enforcement actions such as fines, costs of city-facilitated corrections, eviction, or court actions.
Did you receive a fine?
Look up information by your address
You can find a variety of information by entering your address. You can find out:
- Property and local amenity information
- Comprehensive list of your elected officials
- City service information and employee contacts for your neighborhood
More information on city code and property maintenance