We offer a wide variety of programs and activities for adults in Brooklyn Park.
Adult educational speakers and classes
Recreation programs aren’t just for kids! Brooklyn Park offers dozens of programs, classes, and clubs for all adults. Scroll down to find out about everything we offer!
We have some great opportunities this winter including:
- Advanced care planning
- Financial wellness classes
- 55+ driver discount course
- McPhail Music for Life 55+ class
- Painting in the Park classes
- Planning Your Move workshop
- Medicare 101
- Travel Show
Click here to see the entire list of adult educational speakers and classes.
Presentations by the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota
Presentations by the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota
The Alzheimer’s Association of MN & ND offers a variety of presentations to assist anyone caring for someone with Memory Loss and to learn more about Alzheimer’s & Dementia.
All presentations will be held online through a virtual presentation. Register with the Alzheimer’s Association at alz.ortg/crf or call 1-800-272-3900 and a link will be emailed to you to join the presentation.
Adult Fitness Programs
The city offers dozens of classes daily for all ages, abilities, and levels of activity.
Daytime Fitness Classes
- Pre-registration required; fill out this form and return the it to the Community Activity Center when you come in to register for classes or email the completed copy here.
- One calendar month pass ($35)
- SilverSneakers, RenewActive, Silver & Fit Membership**
**Yearly enrollment option
Evening Fitness Classes
Evening classes are offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Hatha Yoga, Tuesdays at 5 or 6 p.m.
- Hatha Yoga, Thursdays at 6 p.m.
- Register for the session online.
Fitness Room and Walking Track
Can’t make it to our classes? That’s okay! The Community Activity Center (CAC) has a fitness room and walking track that you can visit any time during our business hours.
Have fun and make new friends! Brooklyn Park offers various social clubs and activities for adults of all ages, including book clubs, quilting groups, card games, and more!
Enjoy a lunch and a music performance at the Community Activity Center!
You must pre-register and pay. No registration and payments taken at the door. Register by one week prior to the event.
Learn more and register here.
Adults on the Move day trips are for people who enjoy getting away for the day, visiting fun locations and eating at wonderful restaurants!
Motor coach buses depart & return to Brooklyn Park Community Activity Center. An escort accompanies all trips. Return times are approximate.
See all offerings here.
Community Senior Service Resources >
In age-friendly community, policies, services, and structures related to the physical and social environment are designed to support and enable older people to “age actively” – that is, to live in security, enjoy good health, and continue o participate fully in society. Learn more about why Brooklyn Park is one of these age-friendly communities.
Want to help us plan the future of our recreational opportunities? Then you should consider joining our Recreation and Parks Advisory Commission!
Adult sports are open to men and women. We bring more options to you through our partnerships with the Recreation and Park Departments from Brooklyn Center, Crystal, Maple Grove and New Hope. We offer a wide variety of sport programs and leagues including:
- Hockey league
- Horseshoe club
- Soccer (co-rec)
- Volleyball (co-rec)
More information and registration >
COVID-19 Adult Program Guidelines
While meeting, MN Department of Health and Center for Disease Control guidelines do need to be followed. Please read the guidelines below for details of attending an in-person program. It is crucial we continue to take steps to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to collectively protect our community. COVID- 19 is a highly contagious disease that is sometimes fatal, especially for older adults and those with underlying health conditions. We do NOT recommend that you attend if you are in the high-risk category for contracting COVID-19. All participation is at your own risk.
- Participants must pre-register for a class
- No drop-ins will be allowed
- If you do not attend a class for more than 2 consecutive weeks, you will lose your place and someone from the waitlist will be added on
- Register online at www.brooklynpark.org/registration by phone at 763-493-8333 or in person at the Community Activity Center, 5600 85th Ave N
Before you attend:
- Take the at home Health Screening
- If you have any symptoms consistent with Covid-19, stay home, stay away from other people, and contact your health care provider
- If you do not have any symptoms, determine if it is in your best interest or the best interest of those you live with to attend
- Pack a bottle of water or 2!
- Do not bring food to share
- Bring your own supplies and equipment, unless noted in program description
When you arrive:
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your class time
- Wear a mask covering mouth & nose
- Use hand sanitizer (supplied on site)
- Check in at class with attendant to verify self-screen and track class attendance
- Practice social distancing, use indicators on the floor
- Do not touch your face
- Wear a mask covering mouth & nose (mask may be removed when exercising)
- Cover coughs and sneezes into your elbow, not into your hand or out in the open
- Hand sanitize as needed
- Do not share equipment
- Please depart the area immediately at the conclusion of class
- If you experience any symptoms of COVID-19 contact your health care provider
- If you go in for a COVID-19 test please do not attend any classes until after you have a negative test result
- If you do receive a positive COVID-19 test, please call the CAC so we can notify others you were in contact with (763-493-8333)