Skip to Main Content

Water and Utility Billing

Starting your water service

Contact Utility Billing
Complete our form to start your water service

Paying your utility bill

Pay your utility bill online and enroll in e-statements.

The City of Brooklyn Park offers environmentally friendly, e-statements and e-payments. Save time and money with online billing.

If you experience difficulty with signing into your online account, please contact Utility billing for assistance. You can reach us by e-mail at or calling 763-493-8185 during office hours.

NOTE: Other third-party companies may claim to process your payment. Please only send payment directly through us.

Want to pay online? How to set up your online account

You will need a copy of your most recent bill to enroll. When you enroll, you will be set up to receive bills electronically. You can change this option through your user profile and continue to receive your bill by US Postal Service.

You will be able to make an online payment using a:

  • Credit card
  • Debit card
  • Savings account
  • Checking account

For your convenience, the City of Brooklyn Park offers Auto Pay for your quarterly utility billing. You can automatically pay your utility bill on a recurring basis through a checking or saving account. No more worries about late payments! The Auto Pay Program is easy, fast, and free.

Sign up for Auto Pay (PDF) >
(You must return the form to City Hall.)

Customers enrolled in recurring automatic payment can also receive a bill electronically.

Enroll for e-statements

Other payment options

You can make payment by:

  • Check (payable to City of Brooklyn Park)
  • Money order (payable to City of Brooklyn Park)
  • Recurring automatic payment
  • Online payments by check or credit.

You can drop off your payment anytime using the drive-up drop box located in front of City Hall near the flagpoles.

Billing period

We bill all our customers once every three months. The city is split into three sections; one third of the city is billed each month. Your property address determines which months you are billed.

Find your billing period by your address

Look up your utility billing months

Water assistance program

Minnesota’s Water Assistance Program assists Minnesota residents with past due or current water and wastewater usage charges, fees, and deposits in response to hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program is also able to make payments directly to water suppliers on behalf of eligible residential customers and is intended to ensure continuity of service.

Applications are now being accepted. Visit the Energy Assistance Program website for more information and to apply.

Assistance details

  • Request an application and get more information through the Minnesota Department of Commerce Energy Assistance Program.
  • You can apply for water assistance and energy assistance with the same application.
  • Households with income at or below 60% of state median income qualify for water assistance and energy assistance. For a family of four, 60% of state median income is $67,765.


Contact the Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County

Who is responsible for paying the utility bill?

The property owner is responsible for making sure bills are mailed to the correct address and payments are made to the city. The property owner can ask the city to send a copy of the bill to a tenant or another party.

Shut off water for plumbing repairs

If you need to make plumbing repairs, you can schedule an appointment to have the water shut off. Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday in 1-hour blocks from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.

Scheduling recommendation

We recommend you schedule your water shut off appointment early enough to complete the repairs and have the water turned back on before 2:30 p.m. the same day. If you are not able to complete the repairs before 2:30 p.m., you may be without water service overnight.

Leaving or returning to town for winter?

If you are leaving town for the winter, let us know. It will prevent further action when we notice that there is no water used at your property. It will also help to avoid late fees on your account.

We will mail the bills directly to your temporary address. When you return, notify us and the billing address will be changed back to your service address.

Prevent water problems

Things that you can do to prevent water problems while you are away:

  1. Do not let the house freeze. Leave the heat on, but it is ok to turn it down.
  2. Turn off the water at the meter. There are two valves; one below the meter and one above the meter. Turn both of these to the off position.