Grow your own vegetables and flowers while cultivating a sense of community in our community gardens!
- Garden plots are 20’ by 20’
- City provides plot and water access, gardeners are responsible for tilling, planting, weeding, etc.
- No refunds after May 1. A $5 cancellation fee will be assessed to refunds before May 1
- All gardens must be attended to by May 31, planted by June 15, and have something planted the entire season
- Renters must have their plots cleaned and cleared by November 15
Community Garden locations
- Historic Eidem Farm, Noble Parkway and 101st Avenue North
- Southbrook Park, 62nd and Douglas Drive
$55 per season
Requirements for applicants
- A copy of a photo ID with corresponding address
- Full payment
- Signed rules contract
- Signed application form
Applying for a community garden
We are no longer taking applications for the 2019 growing season.
Priority for accepting applications
Priority for applications are given in this order:
- Last year’s renters
- Brooklyn Park residents
- Non-Brooklyn Park residents
Applicants will be wait-listed on a first-come, first-served basis.
2021 Schedule for accepting applications
|Date begin accepting||Application type|
|Tuesday, February 2, 4 p.m.||Returning gardeners application deadline|
|Tuesday, February 9, 9 a.m.||All applications for residents|
|Tuesday, March 2, 9 a.m.||In-person and mail-in applications for non-residents|
|Thursday, April 1||Registered gardeners applications for a second plot processed|