Grow your own vegetables and flowers while cultivating a sense of community in our community gardens!
- Garden plots are 20’ by 20’
- City provides plot and water access, gardeners are responsible for tilling, planting, weeding, etc.
- No refunds after May 1. A $5 cancellation fee will be applied to refunds before May 1
- All gardens must be attended to by May 31, planted by June 15, and have something planted the entire season
- Renters must have their plots cleaned and cleared by November 15
Community Garden locations
- Historic Eidem Farm, Noble Parkway and 101st Avenue North
- Southbrook Park, 62nd and Douglas Drive
$55 per season
Applying for a community garden
All 2021 Community Garden Plots have been reserved. To be placed on the waitlist please stop by the Community Activity Center at 5600 85th Ave. N. Being on the waitlist does not guarantee gardening space for 2021.
Requirements for applicants
- A copy of a photo ID with corresponding address
- Full payment
- Signed rules contract
- Signed application form
Priority for accepting applications
Priority for applications are given in this order:
- Last year’s renters
- Brooklyn Park residents
- Non-Brooklyn Park residents
Applicants will be wait-listed on a first-come, first-served basis.
2021 Schedule for accepting applications
|Date begin accepting||Application type|
|Tuesday, February 2, 4 p.m.||Returning gardeners application deadline|
|Tuesday, February 9, 9 a.m.||All applications for residents|
|Tuesday, March 2, 9 a.m.||In-person and mail-in applications for non-residents|
|Thursday, April 1||Registered gardeners applications for a second plot processed|