NOTE: Assessors are currently taking photos for the 2021 quintile review areas, noted in orange on the Assessment map. City assessors will be driving a black or blue car with the city logo on the sides of cars.
The city’s Assessing Department sets the estimated market value and classification of each property in the city.
Property values and classification are based on state law. The assessor appraises property at market value and classifies based on actual use.
- Maintain homestead status of properties
- Maintain property records
- Review all property at least once every five years
- Review property with new construction or building permits
- Manage the property value appeals process
- Manage programs related to property assessment and classification
Property Assessment Map
Property in Brooklyn Park is divided into five different review areas. Each area is identified by a different color on the map. One area is assessed every year. Use the map below to find out when your property’s next review is, tax information for your property and more.
More information on property taxes
MN Department of Revenue – Property owners in Minnesota generally pay a property tax based on the property value. Property taxes help fund state and community services. Minnesota offers several relief and special programs for property owners.
Location and Hours
Brooklyn Park City Hall
5200 85th Ave N
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Other Assessing Questions: