Summer camps have a tremendous impact on young people. Having the chance to spend quality time with caring adult staff allows campers to develop character strengths and social-emotional skills necessary for their future success. We strive to bring out the best in every child by filling their days with meaningful experiences and fun. Our work is built around our camp values:
Community – Teamwork – Learning – Self-Reliance – Friendship – Grit – Adventure – Leadership- Zest for Life- Gratitude
Camp curriculum includes science, nature exploration, art, games, clubs, active play and themed activities each week. Activities are led by summer camp staff as well as specialists in the areas of science, nature, and art.
Summer Camp Dates for 2021: June 21 – August 12
Brooklyn Park Summer Camp has 4 locations:
- Camp CAC – Community Activity Center 5600 – 85th Ave N
- Camp Monroe – Monroe Park Building 700 Meadowwood Drive
- Camp Northwoods – Northwoods Park 7600 -107th Ave N
- Camp Willowstone – Willowstone Park 1909 -95th Ave N
Brooklyn Park Summer Camp is for kids entering Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- Kids must be 5 years old by June 1, 2021 and entering kindergarten to participate. Please note we are active at camp all day and do not have a rest period for younger children.
- Camp will operate within guidelines from the MN Department of Health, CDC and the American Camp Association.
- Campers attending all day will have supervised lunch hour and will need to bring a lunch and snack daily.
- Children attending in the afternoon need to bring a snack each day.
Sample Full Day Schedule
|8-9am||Check In and quiet games/playground|
|9-9:15am||Morning Meeting – Meet with group to talk through the day|
|9:15-11:30am||Activity block – Art, science, literacy, nature, games, and other activities|
|11:30am-12:30pm||Lunch Bunch for full day campers|
|12:45-2:15pm||Activity block – Art, science, literacy, nature, games, and other activities|
|2:15-2:45pm||Snack & Reading Time|
|2:45-3:15pm||Choice Time – There are 3- 4 planned activities offered at this time.|
|3:30-4:30pm||Big Game – This is a game that the whole camp plays together with Covid modifications|