The city of Brooklyn Park offers park buildings and picnic pavilions of all sizes available to reserve for your family reunion, business picnic or neighborhood gathering. Please call 763-493-8333 with any questions and to check available dates.
Available park buildings
Park building rentals includes the pavilion
Building capacity: 20
$54 for residents/$84 for non-residents
$100 damage deposit
- Hamilton Park*
- Jewell Park
- Monroe Park*
Building capacity : 50
$108 for residents/$138 for non-residents
$200 damage deposit
- Northwoods Park*
- Willowstone Park*
*Buildings are not available to rent from June through August due to Summer Camps.
Available picnic pavilions
We offer a variety of picnic pavilions to fit your needs.
Cozy picnic pavilions (Capacity: 20)
Residents can rent these picnic pavilions $27.00. The rate for non-residents is $57.00. Sales tax is included. $100 damage deposit.
- College Park
- Edinbrook Park
- Orchard Trail Park
- Pinebrook Park
- Trinity Gardens Park
- Village Creek Park
- Willows and Aspen Park
Small picnic pavilions (Capacity: 40)
Residents can rent these picnic pavilions $44.00. The rate for non-residents is $74.00. Sales tax is included. $100 damage deposit.
- Hamilton Park
- Hartkopf Park (Under construction)
- Jewell Park
- Monroe Park
- River Park South
- Willowstone Park
Medium picnic pavilions (Capacity: 50)
Residents can rent these picnic pavilions $54.00. The rate for non-residents is $84.00. Sales tax is included. $200 damage deposit.
- Brookdale Park
- Lakeland Park
- Northwoods Park
Oak Grove picnic pavilions (Capacity: 60)
Residents can rent these picnic pavilions $108.00. The rate for non-residents is $138.00. Sales tax is included. $300 damage deposit.
- Oak Grove – Pin Oak (South)
- Oak Grove – Burr Oak (North)
Large picnic pavilions (Capacity: 150)
Residents can rent these picnic pavilions $215. The rate for non-residents is $245. Sales tax is included. $300 damage deposit.
- Central Park
- River Park
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning in January for the current year only.
One permit per person allowed. We accept all credit cards, checks and cash for rental fees and special use permits. Payment is due in full at the time of rental.
Rental rules and regulations
- The individual named on the permit, and/or group to whom the permit is issued, shall be held jointly responsible for use to which a facility permit is granted and shall accept responsibility for damage to City property.
- The City assumes no liability for loss of personal property, damage, injury, or illness incurred by individuals or groups when Park and Recreation facilities are being used for a permitted activity.
- The City reserves the right to exercise supervisory authority and to prevent unauthorized or illegal activities
on City property. The City shall not be responsible for interruption of the use of the described facilities for
reasons beyond its control, and reserves the right to cancel this permit for reasons of public safety or convenience.
- The use of facilities shall be restricted to those spaces specifically requested on the permit application. Other
groups or activities may take place at the same time at another shelter or area in the park. Groups are asked to have respect for each other’s space.
- The signer of the rental form must be on site during the event and shall assume full responsibility for any unlawful
act committed. No person who has not attained the age of 21 years shall be allowed to rent a facility.
- No markings or the application of materials to walls, ceilings or floors of park buildings shall be permitted.
- Tents, inflatable play structures or other structures with stakes, tarps, or portion thereof attached to the facility
are prohibited. Free standing canopy tents, and inflatable play structures, are permitted and may be secured with
sandbags or weights. A special use permit and user fee is required.
- No radios, boomboxes, recorded music, loudspeakers, DJ, live music or sound amplifying equipment are
allowed in any park or park pavilion, except by special use permit only, and only at Oak Grove Park with City
sound system ONLY. Your damage deposit will be forfeited if this ordinance is not followed.
- All parks in Brooklyn Park are tobacco free. No tobacco use, including smokeless tobacco, is allowed on park property.
- All rules and regulations stated in the policy are subject to all restrictions defined in the City Ordinance: “Park Rules and Regulations” (copies available upon request).
- Equipment or materials brought in by groups should be brought in the day of rental and taken out the same day.
No storage of personal property is allowed. No overnight storage allowed.
- All Keys must be returned the next business day after your event or damage deposit will be forfeited.
- Parking on grass or driving on trails is strictly prohibited.
Pavilion/building/kitchen clean up
- Wipe off tables and benches as needed, place trash in containers, or haul away, anything else necessary to leave the facility in a clean and orderly fashion. Clean up of the facility is the responsibility of the renter. It is your responsibility to make sure the pavilion is left in good condition for the next renter. Please take pictures of the pavilion and surrounding area after your event and submit them to: email@example.com.
- Please double check that all doors are locked before you leave. If the building is left unsecured and vandalism occurs, you will be held responsible.
- If additional staff time, beyond that necessary for normal cleaning, is required to clean the facility, an additional charge
for personnel and cleaning supplies will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Applicants are required to remove, at their expense, materials, equipment, furnishings or garbage that cannot be contained in the trash receptacles provided. No equipment or supplies may be left beyond end time on permit.
Cancellation and refund policy
No refunds due to rain or inclement weather. Cancellations with more than a 30-days’ notice will receive an 80% refund. Cancellations with less than a 30-day notice will receive no refund unless that date is re-rented, then 80% refund.
Each facility has a maximum occupancy limit. If this occupancy is exceeded damage deposit will be forfeited.
- In the event of damage to the premises, the damage will be documented with photos and any repair bills will be taken from damage deposit. If repairs exceed damage deposit amount, balance will be invoiced to the applicant named on the reservation application.
- A damage deposit, in addition to the rental fee is required. The deposit payment is required at the same time the rental fee is submitted.
- All rental groups using the facilities will be required to sign a waiver of liability on the rental contract form.
- A Certificate of Insurance is required 2 weeks prior to the event to cover the use of specialized equipment, walks/runs or special events open to the public. A special use permit and user fee is required.
- Special use permits are required for the following (but not limited to): dunk tanks, games/carnival activities, inflatables, and run/walk/bike events.
Special use permits
Special use permits are required for the following activities:
- Dunk tank
- Games/carnival activities
- Race/walk/bike events
These activities are only permitted at specific locations, not all sites can accommodate these activities. Please make sure that you obtain permission for specific activities in designated parks prior to booking your event.
Generators, balloons, or auxiliary tents are not permitted in Brooklyn Park parks.
An administrative fee is required for each Special Use Permit: $35 for music and $25 for all others.
A certificate of liability insurance is required for any inflatable devices: dunk tank, large tent or
race/walk/bike permits issued. Minimum insurance requirements include, but are not limited to,
general liability of at least $2,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 general aggregate, $2,000,000 food
product liability per occurrence (if applicable) and fire/property damage in the amount of $300,000
per occurrence. The required insurance certificate must name City of Brooklyn Park, its officials, agents,
employees and volunteers as additional insured. A copy of the Certificate of Insurance that verifies such
insurance is in full force throughout the term of the permit must be submitted to the City of Brooklyn
Park Recreation Department office two weeks (14 days) prior to the scheduled event. Permit holder shall
furnish the City with Certificate of Insurance. Failure to submit the Certificate of Insurance two weeks prior
to the event will result in cancellation of the Special Use Permit. No exceptions.