Conference rooms in City Hall are typically available for use Monday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Community Activity Center
If you are interested in renting larger rooms or on the weekends, please call the Community Activity Center at 763-493-8333 or fill out the online contact form.
|Gardenview Room||200||1st Floor|
|Gold Medal Room||10||2nd Floor|
|Grand Room (single bay)||100||1st Floor|
|Grand Room (all bays)||350||1st Floor|
|Classroom A/B||40||1st Floor|
|Multipurpose Room||100||1st Floor|
|Donnay Room (Police South Precinct)*||25|
- You must reserve the room with by completing reservation form.
- You must turn in your permit at least 7 calendar days before your meeting.
- You cannot reserve a room more than 30 calendar days in advance of your meeting.
- You can reserve a room up to once per week.
- You must include on your application all requests for equipment usage or special needs.
- Brooklyn Park will review, approve and confirm your reservation only after we receive a complete, signed permit.
- We reserve the right to move your group to another room or cancel your reservation, if necessary.
- Cancellations should be made at least 7 calendar days in advance of the meeting.
- Cancellations made 2 working days or less will forfeit the reservation fee.
The City of Brooklyn Park gives scheduling priority to Brooklyn Park official groups. The City Council, official advisory boards, commissions, and city staff have first priority to use these rooms.
All other groups are welcomed based on the priorities listed below (1 through 6).
|Priority order||Category and description|
|1||City Functions: Activities, meetings, or events that serve a city function in the normal course of business as authorized by a department director or the City Manager|
|2||Brooklyn Park Homeowners Associations (HOA) or neighborhood groups|
|3||Community-based organizations: Organizations that operate independently from the City and are representative of the Brooklyn Park community or a significant segment of a community, and is engaged in meeting human, educational, environmental, cultural, civic engagement, public safety and supports the city’s goals.|
|4||Nonprofits or Government Agencies|
|5||Political parties or campaigns|
|6||Businesses: Meeting only (no sales or promotions)|
The City of Brooklyn Park does not require a deposit. However, the person signing the “Public Use Permit” is responsible for any and all damages to the building and room for that event. This person is also responsible for informing his/her group of the policies.
- You cannot use any conference room for religious worship services, commercial enterprises, private events, cooking, any form of gambling, dances, craft projects, or other similar events.
- Your group must have adult leadership and supervision. Brooklyn Park considers the permit applicant responsible for the group’s conduct.
- You must return the room to its original state or better before leaving the premises.
- You cannot move furniture to/from another part of the building.
- You cannot bring food, but you can bring light snacks such as crackers, cookies, etc. If city staff is present at your meeting, they can determine if other food is permitted, but they are responsible for arranging proper waste disposal.
- Only city staff can use the technology in the room. If city staff is present at your meeting, they can use it and are responsible for it.
- City Hall is a smoke-free facility. You cannot smoke or vape inside the building.
The City of Brooklyn Park assumes no responsibility for non-availability, loss, damage, injury or illness incurred by the users of any city facilities.