Conference rooms in City Hall are typically available for use Monday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
City Hall Rental policies
- You must reserve the room by completing the reservation request form online.
- You must submit your reservation request at least 7 calendar days before your meeting.
- You cannot reserve a room more than 45 calendar days in advance of your meeting.
- You can reserve a room up to once per week.
- Conference rooms are available Monday – Thursday from 5pm-10pm.
- The person who fills out the reservation form is responsible for any and all damages to the building and room for that event. This person is also responsible for informing his/her group of the policies.
- Brooklyn Park will review, approve, and confirm your reservation only after we receive a reservation request from you through our website.
- We reserve the right to move your group to another room or cancel your reservation, if necessary.
- Cancellations should be made at least 3 calendar days in advance of the meeting.
The City of Brooklyn Park gives scheduling priority to Brooklyn Park official groups. The City Council, official advisory boards, commissions, and city staff have first priority to use these rooms.
All other groups are welcomed based on the priorities listed below (1 through 6).
|Priority order||Category and description|
|1||City Functions: Activities, meetings, or events that serve a city function in the normal course of business as authorized by a department director or the City Manager|
|2||Brooklyn Park Homeowners Associations (HOA) or neighborhood groups|
|3||Community-based organizations: Organizations that operate independently from the City and are representative of the Brooklyn Park community or a significant segment of a community, and is engaged in meeting human, educational, environmental, cultural, civic engagement, public safety and supports the city’s goals.|
|4||Nonprofits or Government Agencies|
|5||Political parties or campaigns|
|6||Businesses: Meeting only (no sales or promotions)|
- You cannot use any conference room for religious worship services, commercial enterprises, private events, cooking, any form of gambling, dances, craft projects, or other similar events.
- Your group must have adult leadership and supervision. Brooklyn Park considers the applicant responsible for the group’s conduct.
- You must return the room to its original state or better before leaving the premises.
- You cannot move furniture to/from another part of the building.
- You cannot bring food, but you can bring light snacks such as crackers, cookies, etc. If city staff is present at your meeting, they can determine if other food is permitted, but they are responsible for arranging proper waste disposal.
- Only city staff can use the technology in the room. If city staff is present at your meeting, they can use it and are responsible for it.
- City Hall is a smoke-free facility. You cannot smoke or vape inside the building.
- Room set up request is only for Council Chambers. All other spaces have chairs and tables in them. You may move chairs and tables around, but you must return the room to its original state or better before you leave.
Community Activity Center
Rooms at the Community Activity Center are available for a fee. Learn more about renting at the CAC here >
If you are interested in renting larger rooms or on the weekends, please call the Community Activity Center at 763-493-8333 or fill out the online contact form.
|Gardenview Room||200||1st Floor|
|Grand Room (single bay)||100||1st Floor|
|Grand Room (all bays)||350||1st Floor|
Zanewood Recreation Center
Rooms at the Zanewood Recreation Center are available for a fee. Learn more about renting at Zanewood here >
|Classroom A/B||40||1st Floor|
|Multipurpose Room||100||1st Floor|
|Donnay Room (Police South Precinct)||25|