Know the parking rules in Brooklyn Park to avoid violations or impounding.
From November 1 through March 31, vehicles may not be parked on the street from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m.
The Snow Emergency Parking ordinance gives the city the authority to declare a snow emergency parking ban when snow, sleet, ice or snow drifts have created dangerous road and travel conditions.
When a snow emergency event is called, vehicles may not park on city streets until the full-width of the street has been plowed.
Vehicles must also not be parked
- On a sidewalk
- For more than 24 hours on the street
- Within 20 feet of a mailbox, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Within 10 feet of a fire hydrant
- In front of a driveway
- Across the street from a driveway
Report violations for on-street parking
Vehicles and trailers parked outside must be:
- Currently licensed
- Registered to a resident of the house
- Operable and in working condition
Vehicles and equipment allowed to be parked outside
- Passenger-style cars and trucks
- Trailer (without materials in it)
- Recreational vehicles (camper, boat, fish house, etc.)
- One non-commercial truck with an attached snowplow
- One taxi or limousine less than 30 feet long
Vehicles and equipment not allowed to be parked outside
- Inoperable/unlicensed vehicles (flat tires, on jack stands, expired tabs, damaged)
- Commercial vehicles (registered for over 12,000 lbs. “G” sticker, step van, tow truck, semi-tractor or trailer, cargo truck, dump truck, or bus)
- Commercial equipment (bobcat, backhoe, cement mixer, lawn care equipment or similar)
- Vehicles with commercial equipment added (ladders, winches, booms, or similar)
- Trailer loaded with materials or equipment
Parking and storage surfaces
All motorized vehicles must be parked on a paved surface such as concrete, asphalt, or paving bricks at all times.
If located in the front yard, all non-motorized vehicles/equipment (i.e. trailers and campers) must be parked on a paved surface.
If located in the side or back yard, all non-motorized vehicles may be located on a maintained landscaped surface free of long grass/weeds and erosion, and setback at least five feet from the property line.
Changes to your driveway
Please contact the City before installing or expanding a driveway or parking surface.
Sales and repair of vehicles
Repair or painting of motor vehicles and small engines is not permitted either as a business or a hobby. Minor repairs are allowed if completed within one day.
No more than two vehicles and equipment sales are allowed per parcel/property per calendar year. Vehicles must be registered to an owner or occupant of the property.
Vehicle dealers cannot buy, sell or store vehicles on residential property.
Vehicles, equipment, and other items stored outside on a property must be owned by the person who legally lives at the property.
Certain programs offer tax credits for donated cars. Other auto-recycling businesses may remove vehicles for a fee.
National Kidney Foundation
American Lung Association
Reporting a violation
For vehicles on residential or commercial property
Phone and email
Email Pang Yang
Si usted necesita asistencia en español, llame 763-493-8070 oprima cinco (5)
Yog koj tsis tau tau es yuav lub Hmoob hu 763-493-8070 nias xoom (0)
For on-street parking