This commission’s mission is to ensure the long-term financial health of the City of Brooklyn Park.
The Budget Advisory Commission’s provides strategic direction to the Council.
Projections and measurements are used to establish priorities that align with the city’s strategic plan, ensuring resources are invested appropriately to meet the vision and mission of the City.
|Name||District representing||Term ends|
|Adeniji, Akeem||City At-large||April 1, 2022|
|Grant, Trelawny||East||April 1, 2022|
|Murphy, Kathryn||East||April 1, 2020|
|Omondi, Nancy||Central||April 1, 2020|
|Pone, Eric (Chair)
Send email >
|West||April 1, 2022|
|Riesgraf, Kim||City At-large||April 1, 2020|
|Vue, Mena Xiong||West||April 1, 2021|
|Wako, Teshite||Central||April 1, 2021|
|Winston, Hollies||City At-large||April 1, 2021|
To get contact information on a Commissioner, please email the staff liaison below.
Roles and duties
The Budget Advisory Commission is for you if you like numbers and like to analyze things. Here is what you do:
- Review all budgets of the City and long range plans and recommend solutions during challenging years
- Review results of city surveys, goals
- Help the City Council prioritize city services when Brooklyn Park stakeholders have competing demands
- Review historical and future trends of city revenues and expenditures
- Help assess if the city leadership is efficiently managing and allocating the community’s resources
Apply to become a commissioner
Applications are always welcome! Applications are kept on file for one year. As openings occur, applicants are notified of openings and invited to participate in the commission interview process.
Meets the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Does not meet in July and December.
View meeting agendas and minutes >
Time commitment (approximate)
Four to six hours per month