Regular, full-time employees of the City of Brooklyn Park are eligible for a benefits package.
- New employees generally earn 10 days of vacation per year
- Vacation accruals increase with longevity up to a maximum of 20 days per year
- Sick leave is accrued at the rate of 8 hours per month with unlimited accumulation
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Employees may choose between two health plans with an option to waive if covered under another qualified plan
- The City contributes to the cost of health insurance
No Surprises Act
The Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (CAA) created the “No Surprises Act,” or NSA, which is intended to protect participants, beneficiaries, and enrollees in group health plans (and group and individual health insurance coverage) from “surprise” balance billing when they receive specified emergency care (generally from out-of-network providers or facilities).
Transparency in Coverage Rule
The following group health plans have provided machine-readable files (MRF) detailing pricing data in compliance with the Transparency in Coverage Rule.
- Employees may choose between two dental plans with an option to waive if covered under another qualified plan
- The City provides term life insurance with an option for employees to purchase additional voluntary and dependent term life insurance at group rates
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available at group rates
- Public Employee’s Retirement Association (PERA) pension plan (employer/employee contributions)
- Optional 457 deferred compensation plans for tax-deferred retirement savings
Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA)
Reimbursement account for health care and daycare expenses using pre-tax contributions
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Assistance Program provides confidential counseling and referral services
- Free on-site fitness facilities; wellness program and fitness classes offered
Direct deposit (mandatory)
- Payroll checks are automatically deposited into designated account(s) on payday
About these benefits
Benefits may differ based on union contracts for employees represented by a collective bargaining unit. This summary is for information only and is subject to change or revocation without notice. This summary does not constitute a contract or guarantee, express or implied.