Join New Connect! We’re looking for more volunteers to meet our growing community.
Help create a united community!
New Connect is an exciting program where volunteers welcome new residents to Brooklyn Park with a bag filled with community and city information, free gifts, and coupons for free items or services from local businesses!
Started in October 2012, volunteers have welcomed approximately 280 new homeowners per month.
Volunteer as a Community Connector
Welcome new homeowners with a reusable tote bag filled with goodies, community information and coupons for free items or services from local businesses. We meet once a month so you can pick up supplies and addresses of new neighbors.
Please join us if you are:
- Enthusiastic about meeting new people
- A licensed driver and 18 years or older
- Looking for a fun and interactive experience
There will be a volunteer event at City Hall on Wednesday, July 13 from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Questions on volunteering
Phone and email
Hey businesses, make a great first impression!
Partner with us in our New Connect program. This program is a great way to welcome new residents to Brooklyn Park and get them to visit your business.
Make ‘em an offer they can’t refuse
To encourage new residents to eat, play, and shop within Brooklyn Park and become loyal customers, we’re looking for businesses to offer coupons for free items or services in the New Connect bags.
No cost to participate
All you have to do is provide the free product or service.
Join at any time
There is no deadline; you may join at any time.
Coupon size and design
We will design, print and distribute the coupon for you!
Coupons must be a uniform size (4.25” by 5.5”).
A graphic designer will contact you for coupon development and proof approval before distribution.
Open to any business or service provider in Brooklyn Park (or who provides that service in Brooklyn Park), subject to the following terms:
- Coupon must be for a completely free item or service. There cannot be strings attached, no purchase or contract for service required for a resident to obtain the free item. For example, “Come in for a free pizza at Business X, no purchase necessary” would be acceptable; an offer that would NOT be acceptable would be “Buy one entrée, get one free.” Coupon may specify, “One free item per household” or other quantity limits as business deems appropriate.
- Coupons cannot have an expiration date.
- No other forms of advertisement or independent marketing materials will be accepted for the New Connect bags.
Right to refuse
The City of Brooklyn Park bears the right to refuse any offer that does not comply with the coupon policy. The program is a resident/volunteer-driven program and the City of Brooklyn Park cannot be held liable for the contents of the coupon, the process or the outcome of the New Connect program.
Questions on business participation
Phone and email