You need to register your ATV in Minnesota after 30 days.
Off-highway vehicle regulations are available at our office!
Applying for an ATV license
You must apply in person with your identification.
What to bring for registration
Sales receipt showing paid sales tax. Make, model, year, serial number, engine size and dry weight of your ATV.
Bill of Sale with DNR registration number, handwritten is allowed. Information to include:
- Serial Number
- Registration Number
- Date of sale
- Purchase Amount
- Seller- current registered owner must sign
- Buyers- all buyers must sign the bill of sale. All signatures must be original. They may not be pre-printed or photo-copied.
- Duplicate Decal or Registration Card: Owner with ID and DNR registration number.
|New||Varies by type|
|Duplicate Registration Card||$10.00|
- 25 years old or older are exempt from registration if produced as separate make.
- May be registered for unlimited use for $14.50 and cannot be transferred.
- Must display collector registration number and “9999” decal on a plate.