Weekly activity groups
Are you looking to learn a new skill, meet new people or join others who have the same interests and passions as you? Adults 50+ are invited to participate in a variety of weekly social activities at the Community Activity Center.
Stop by the CAC on the day/time the activity meets to learn about the group, meet others and join in the activity! $10 yearly activities membership fee can be paid at the CAC front desk (fee covers all activities listed below). Join new activities throughout the year!
A registration form with a $10 supplies fee is required each year to cover any for these activities. The fee covers any and all of these activities.
Brooklyn Community Band
The Brooklyn Community Band has been playing for audiences in the northwest suburbs for over 50 years. A fun, dedicated group of adults rehearse weekly. All instruments are needed and welcome.
Monday nights at Northview Junior High School
Play 12 to 14 concerts each year. Most performances are in the summer months during outdoor performance season.
Membership fee is $45 per year. The membership fee is payable at first rehearsal.
Dave Mantini, music director
Email Dave Mantini
Senior resource room
Located at the Community Activity Center, we have resources to help guide families to local senior services.
- Community and civic participation
- Public spaces and transportation
- Housing and health
- Social services
Senior services resources
- CEAP, Meals on Wheels: 763-566-9600
- Happy Feet Foot Care: 763-560-5136
- Metro Mobility: 651-602-1111
- Minnesota Seniors Online: 763-780-0309
- Senior LinkAge Line: 1-800-333-2433
- Transit Link: 651-602-5465, email Transit Link
Senior Community Services
The following are services provided by Senior Community Services (952-541-1019).
- HOME program (chores and tech support) 952-746-4046
- Senior Outreach & Caregiver Services 612-770-7005
- CareNextion.org 612-770-7005
- Medicare Partners 952-767-0665