The Brooklyn Park Police Reserves is a volunteer body of citizens who assist the Police Department in a variety of public safety situations.
What we do
Police reservists serve the department in many capacities. For example, they may provide:
- Crowd control during community events and activities
- Security and traffic support during and after natural disasters
- Other services as needed
Who can join?
To qualify as a police reservist, you must:
- Live in Brooklyn Park or a nearby city
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid Minnesota drivers license and a good driving record
- Have a working telephone in your residence
- Be in good physical condition
- Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status
- Have a GED or high school diploma
- Have no felony convictions
Applying to become a police reservist
If we have a Police Reserve Officer opening, it will be listed in our current job opportunities.
You can receive a notification when a new opening is posted!