The first metro area COVID-19 saliva testing site is open in Brooklyn Park at 8085 Brooklyn Boulevard in the Starlite Center. The site will be open seven days a week and tests are free for any Minnesotan who wants to take one. Here are five things you need to know before you arrive to make your test quick and easy:
- Don’t eat or drink anything 30 minutes before the test, including drinking water or chewing gum. This will contaminate your test.
- Register online and schedule your appointment ahead of time.
- You don’t need to have insurance but have your insurance card ready if you do.
- Bring your cellphone. If you don’t have one, tablets will be available to use on-site.
- Tests are FREE for everyone! You will not be billed for getting tested.
As always, practice social distancing and wear a face covering while waiting to complete your tests. If you have not scheduled an appointment, walk-up registration is available at the testing site. See below for hours and location information. For any questions about this testing site, please call 651-297-1304.
Starlite Center, former Office Max building
8085 Brooklyn Blvd
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Schedule Appointment or Walk-in
Results will be sent to your typically within 48 to 72 hours after testing. If you have questions regarding saliva testing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-800-5698. Learn more about saliva testing on the Minnesota Department of Health website.