Report a street maintenance problem
If you see a pothole, street light or traffic signal that is not working properly or have a snow plowing issue, please click report a problem below. You can also report an issue by phone at 763-493-8007.
About street maintenance
We are responsible for keeping our streets and sidewalks in good condition so people can safely get where they need to go. Our crews maintain 266 miles of streets, 116 miles of sidewalks, 4,289 street lights and 84 traffic signals. We also oversee 209 miles of storm water pipes and 495 storm water ponds. Our duties also include:
- Maintaining streets, curbs and sidewalks
- Trimming trees along sidewalks
- Snow and ice control of streets and sidewalks
- Painting street lines, crosswalks and turn arrows
- Maintaining street lights and traffic signals
- Preventing street flooding by maintaining storm drains, ponds, creeks and ditches
- Street sweeping
- Yearly seal coat and maintenance overlay projects
Every year we rescue about 80-100 baby ducks from the sewers. We do our best to make sure all inhabitants of the city are safe!