Records and Reports
Anyone may request public information created and maintained by the Brooklyn Park Police Department.
The Support Services Division receives and processes all requests for Brooklyn Park Police Department data in accordance with department policy and Minnesota Data Practices law under Minnesota State Statute.
See Minnesota State Statute 13.82
There is a fee for obtaining printed material and reports. The Support Services Division will advise you of charges before processing requests for printed or copied materials.
To request a copy of a police report or to submit data requests related to the police department, please visit our JustFOIA portal by clicking on the “Access JustFOIA” button below. The new JustFOIA portal is a secure way to request public data and records online. You can search for requests, submit requests anonymously as well as check the status of your requests.
Public records request submissions online with a secure portal will allow you to accomplish the following:
- Create an Account
- Submit Requests Anonymously
- Track the Status of Your Requests
- Make Payments Online
- Receive Records in a Central Location – ONLINE!
Access to private, confidential and non-public data will only be released in accordance with Minnesota State Statute on a case by case basis.
Please contact the Support Services Division at BPPDRecords@brooklynpark.org for more information and requirements for access to this type of data.
An expungement is a court order sealing criminal records and prohibiting the disclosure of their existence or their opening except under court or statutory authority.
See Minnesota State Statute 609A.01 – 609A.03
Obtaining expungement forms
You can obtain:
- Online expungement forms
- Hennepin County Government Center
- Your local courthouse
- We fingerprint Brooklyn Park residents or employees of Brooklyn Park businesses at the North Precinct only (5400 85th Avenue North) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
- The person being printed must have an ID with a Brooklyn Park address or a utility bill with a Brooklyn Park address.
- The cost of fingerprinting is $10.00
- If the person being printed does not have cards, we can provide them.
- The person being printed should not fill in the top portion of the card(s).
If the prints are needed for the naturalization process, please contact the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Center in Bloomington at 952-853-2554.
The Brooklyn Park Police Department contracts with PropertyRoom.com to conduct the internet auction of police property. The auctions typically include bicycles, radios, jewelry, and other valuable items that could not be returned to the owner.