Community & Business Special Events
Do I need a permit for my event?
Yes, if the event is an outdoor public event such as outdoor Church/Religious events, Community outdoor events, marathons, business outdoor sales, business events, etc.
Private events such as private outdoor weddings, graduations, etc. do not require an event permit.
What is the event permit fee?
The permit fee is $50; however, the fee is waived for non-profit organizations. Please note additional fees may apply for City park/facility rentals.
How do I apply for the event permit?
Click here to apply for an event permit >
Application and MN Stay Safe Preparedness Plan must be submitted 30 days before the event.
How do request a City park/field?
To request a City park/field please visit our facility rental page.
When holding an event on City property, insurance is required. Upon approval of your event, a Certificate of General Liability insurance for $2 million with the City of Brooklyn Park listed as an additional insured is required.
Do I need a food permit to serve food?
- Yes, temporary food permit is required for all food vendors except for licensed City food trucks and licensed MN Dept. of Agriculture trucks.
- The fee is $75 per applicant/vendor, however, the fee is waived for non-profit organizations or vendors with 501C3 certificate.
- Temporary food application >
- View a list of licensed food trucks in Brooklyn Park >
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
- Event permit questions
- City park/field questions
- Temporary Liquor/Gambling
- Fire Department
- Police Department
Stay Safe MN Guidelines:
Guidance for Safe Celebrations & Events >
Outdoor Recreation, Facilities & Public Guidelines >
Guidance for Vehicle Gatherings, Parades & Drive-Ins >