Residents and businesses are in charge of setting up their own garbage services.
All residents and businesses must choose and set up their own garbage service with one of these licensed haulers.
Ace Solid Waste
Randy’s Environmental Services
Republic Services (formerly Allied Waste)
Walters Refuse & Recycling
Service levels and fees worksheet
We have put together this worksheet of commonly asked questions about services and costs to help you select a hauler that best meets your needs:
Place a deodorant stick-up under the lid of your waste container to get rid of the smell!
Where can I store my waste containers?
- All waste containers must be stored out of public view from the street or neighboring yards. This includes recycling and yard waste containers.
- Waste containers may be placed out for pickup after 3:00 p.m. on the day before your pick-up day.
- By the end of pick-up day, put all containers inside your garage or behind an approved screened enclosure.
What if I don’t want to store my waste containers inside my garage?
- Waste container enclosures must be located behind the front plane of your house.
- Vegetation such as plants, trees, shrubs or bushes, is not an approved screening material.
- Your enclosure fence must be high enough and wide enough to fully screen the containers.
- Enclosures over 7 feet in height require a building permit from City Hall.
Approved enclosure materials include
- Wood fence panels
- Approved plastic fencing material
- Lattice with less than one inch holes
Getting your garbage ready for pick-up
Know the code! Make sure that you are following these practices when getting your garbage ready for pick-up:
- All garbage must be contained and covered in the waste containers supplied by your licensed hauler. This is to prevent animals from scattering the trash. Properly covered containers also prevent trash from blowing around the neighborhood.
- All garbage must be wrapped or bagged. If one waste container is not large enough to contain all of your garbage, please call your garbage hauler for a larger or additional container.
- Yard waste bags must be biodegradable in order to be picked up by garbage haulers. Please contact your garbage hauler to arrange for yard waste pick-up.
Burning yard waste or garbage is not allowed. Questions regarding burning regulations should be directed to the Fire Department.
Phone and email
Contact Fire Administration
Piles of junk, debris, garbage, litter, or hazardous waste is not allowed. This includes yard waste and animal waste. All garbage must be kept inside a container with a tight-fitting lid at all times.
Phone and email
Code Enforcement and Public Health
Email Pang Yang
Si usted necesita asistencia en español, llame
Yog koj tsis tau tau es yuav lub Hmoob hu