- This event has passed.
Cities United – Black History Month Event
February 7 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Uniting leaders for change!
The 5th Annual Cities United Black History Month Event is planned and implemented by young people from the Brooklyn Park Cities United Sound Off Stations and the Roadmap Academy Community Innovation Team, which is comprised of local high school students and My Brother’s Keeper Brooklyn Park.
- Free lunch and Cities United Black History Month Event T-shirt
- Live performances by local artists
- Enhanced networking session with elected and appointed officials of color
- Special tribute to elected and appointed officials of color
- Announcement of “2020 NFBPA MN Distinguished Service Award” recipient
- Breakout sessions led by OALC, SAGE Academy and Fridley High School students
- A barber shop conversation on the topic of uniting leaders for change
- A breakout session “Connecting Cultures Through Diversity” led by Fridley High School students
- Various ways youth can become community leaders, led by the Minnesota Chapter of the National Forum for Black Public Administrators (NFBPA)
Si usted necesita esta información en español: Brenda Morales, 763-315-8466.
Yog koj xav kom txhais rau lu Hmoob, hu: Pang Yang, 763-488-6487.
If you need this information in another language or alternative format: Brenda Morales, 763-315-8466