Many Brooklyn Park residents are using their time during Governor Walz’s “Stay at Home” order to clean up both in and outside their homes. Here are a few helpful recycling and disposal resources:
- If you need a larger or second recycling cart, email your address to BPOM@brooklynpark.org There’s no additional charge.
- If you have extra recycling put it in paper bags and put the bags next to your cart on recycling day. Never use plastic bags. Plastic bags are thrown in the trash unopened at the sorting facility.
- Leaves, brush and other yard waste may be dropped off for free at the Maple Grove Yardwaste Site starting April 13. You will need to empty material out of your bags and take the bags with you.
- You can drop off extra recycling, appliances, electronics, paint and hazardous material at the Hennepin County Drop-Off Facility once it reopens
- You can dispose of extra trash, furniture and other large items at either the Waste Management Transfer Station in Maple Grove, the Anoka Recycling and Disposal Center or the SKB Transfer Station in Minneapolis
- Learn how to properly recycle or dispose of many items with Hennepin County’s Green Disposal Guide