Metropolitan Council Environmental Services (MCES), operator of the metro-area wastewater collection and treatment system, plans to replace the existing lift station in Brooklyn Park with a new facility in Fridley. The new facility will preserve wastewater system assets, improve system reliability, and accommodate community growth.
You will have the opportunity to review the Fridley Area lift station draft Facility Plan, which compares the options for the lift station and the potential impacts. You can review the Facility Plan and other materials on the project website.
Printed versions are also available for the public to review at the following locations in Brooklyn Park:
- Brooklyn Park City Hall
5200 85th Ave N
- Hennepin County Library
8500 W Broadway Ave
Residents are able to submit comments on the draft Facility Plan through December 28, 2020.
- Mail written comments to: Tim O’Donnell at Metropolitan Council Environmental Services, 390 Robert Street North, Saint Paul, MN 55101-1805
- Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record comments on: Metropolitan Council Public Comment Line at 651-602-1500
- Send TTY comments to 651-291-0904
- Attend the online public hearing
The virtual public hearing will be on Thursday, December 17 for residents to provide comment and learn more about the draft Facility Plan. The meeting will take place at 4:00 p.m. and attendees are asked to register ahead of time.