In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Brooklyn Park Police Department will not be accepting walk-in Permit to Purchase applications until further notice. You must be a Brooklyn Park resident to qualify. There is a seven (7) day waiting period before a permit will be issued to qualifying individuals. The seven-day waiting period will begin the day we receive the application.
To apply for a permit to purchase
- See the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for information and application forms.
- Download and print the application form.
- Complete the application form.
- Make a copy of one of the three accepted official IDs (Minnesota Driver’s License, MN ID Card, US Military ID).
Applications can be submitted using the following methods:
- Fax to: 763-493-8393
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to:
Brooklyn Park Police Department – Gun Permits
5400 – 85th Avenue North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Your application must be filled out completely. Non-complete applications will result in a delay or denial.
If you have questions, please call 763-493-8222
Permit to Carry
The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for issuing all Conceal and Carry permits for Hennepin County.