With a City Hall remodel currently underway, there will be opportunities to help provide guidance for enhancements to the interior of the building. We’re looking for resident help and feedback on how to choose those new art and decorative pieces!
The purpose of the City Hall Enhancement Task Force is to foster an environment in which multiple cultures and stories can be highlighted through art and display while showcasing Brooklyn Park pride.
The task force will consist of 11-12 members. These include City Council representatives, Recreation and Parks Advisory, CLIC (Community Long-range Improvement Commission) and Human Rights Commission representatives and six Brooklyn Park residents.
This Task Force is directed to lead on the following art-related tasks and report recommendations back to City Council:
- Signature art piece in the lobby
- Council Chambers backdrop
- Conference room display cases and hanging systems
- Purchased art
- Facilitate an art contest
- Name new public meeting spaces and conference rooms
Interested in serving on this task force? Apply at the link below by Friday, Dec. 6, 2019.
- The task force will meet 9-10 times throughout a 10 to 12 month long period starting in January 2020.
- Task Force members should have an understanding of community that is inclusive and respectful of many perspectives.
Contact Chante Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763-493-8159.