Anyone may request public information created and maintained by the Brooklyn Park Police Department.
The Support Services Division receives and processes all requests for Brooklyn Park Police Department data in accordance with department policy and Minnesota Data Practices law under Minnesota State Statute.
There is a fee for obtaining printed material and reports. The Support Services Division will advise you of charges before processing requests for printed or copied materials.
To request a copy of a police report, please visit our North or South Precinct, hours listed at bottom of this page. In most instances, you will be required to pick up the report in person from one of our locations, however, you may also make your request by emailing BPPDRecords@brooklynpark.org.
Access to private, confidential and non-public data will only be released in accordance with Minnesota State Statute on a case by case basis.
Please contact the Support Services Division for more information and requirements for access to this type of data.
An expungement is a court order sealing criminal records and prohibiting the disclosure of their existence or their opening except under court or statutory authority.
Obtaining expungement forms
You can obtain:
- Online expungement forms
- Hennepin County Government Center
- Your local courthouse
- Fingerprinting has been discontinued at the Brooklyn Park Police Department during the COVID-19 crisis. The MN BCA provides these services. Please call them at 651-793-2410 to make an appointment.
- We fingerprint Brooklyn Park residents or employees of a Brooklyn Park business at the North Precinct only (5400 85th Avenue North) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 am to noon.
- The person being printed must have an ID with a Brooklyn Park address or a utility bill with a Brooklyn Park address
- The cost is $10.00
- If the person being printed does not have cards, we will provide them.
- The person being printed should not fill in the top portion of the card(s).
If the prints are needed for the naturalization process, please contact the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Center in Bloomington at 952-853-2554.
The Brooklyn Park Police Department contracts with PropertyRoom.com to conduct the internet auction of police property. The auctions typically include bicycles, radios, jewelry, and other valuable items that could not be returned to the owner.