Licensing allows us to verify rabies vaccines and to contact owners if we recover lost pets.
What animals need a pet license?
- Animals not kept in cages that are 6 months old or older
What to bring when getting a license
When getting a pet license, bring your pet’s current rabies vaccination certificate. The pet license is good for the length of the vaccine.
Fees for a pet license
- $10.00 – $30.00 for neutered or spayed
- $20.00 – $60.00 for not neutered or spayed
Brooklyn Park DMV hours:
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Rules for keeping pets
- The animal must wear the license tag at all times
- No more than 3 animals over 6 months old per house (except commercial kennel)
- Animals must be kept under restraint at all times, unless at an off-leash park
By ordinance “Public Nuisances” are animal which
- Damages property, plantings or structures
- Deposits fecal matter on public or private property of others
- Scratches or bites persons while at large
- Habitually barks, cries, or mews
- Chases or approaches persons on public streets or sidewalks in a threatening manner
Animal is declared a nuisance after the owner has been notified of such acts and the nuisance must be abated within 48 hours.
What to do if my animal has been impounded