The 2021 special election for Brooklyn Park mayor was as close as it gets! Initial results were in favor of Lisa Jacobson by a single vote, prompting a request for a recount. Final results were certified on August 23 in favor of Jacobson by two votes. There was a total of 6,856 votes in the mayoral race, or 14.5% of registered voters in Brooklyn Park.
About Lisa Jacobson
Lisa Jacobson is a business owner and a 34-year resident of Brooklyn Park (both as a homeowner and a renter) and has served on the Brooklyn Park City Council since 2017.
Jacobson has a long history of volunteer work, nonprofit leadership and other involvement in the city. This includes serving as president of the Economic Development Authority (EDA), a member of the Rotary Club, Lions Club, Crime Prevention Board, and more.
Jacobson has also been the Council liaison for various committees and commissions, including the Human Rights Commission, Planning Commission, Charter Commission, Budget Advisory Commission, Business Forward Advisory Board and the 252 Planning Committee.
Lisa’s priorities are:
- Fiscal responsibility and long-term sustainability to protect taxpayers.
- A safe community for the residents, police and fire departments.
- Continuing to lead by putting constituents first and listening to all members of the community.
- Continuing positive growth for residents and businesses in all corners of the community.
- Wise decision making and consistent communication, especially during a community crisis.
- Working with the city’s unique and diverse community to come together for change and celebrations.
Congratulations, Mayor Jacobson!