Please be advised that the Minnesota Department of Transportation will be initiating spring load restrictions in the Metro Zone on March 10, 2023 at 12:01 a.m. As in the past, the spring load restrictions within the City of Brooklyn Park on City roadways will run concurrent to the Mn/DOT restrictions and the following postings are appropriate:
- Louisiana Avenue (62nd Avenue to 63rd Avenue) – 5 tons
- Modern Road (Boone Avenue to West Broadway) – 5 tons
- 62nd Avenue (Lakeland Avenue to Douglas Drive) – 4 tons
- 109th Avenue (Xylon Avenue to Douglas Drive) – 4 tons
- Cherokee Drive (Boone Avenue to Xylon Avenue) – 5 tons
All other roadways shall be limited to 9 tons per axle.
The only vehicles that will be allowed in excess of these limits as stated above are utility service vehicles, garbage haulers, buses, and emergency vehicles. If you have any questions or comments concerning this matter, please call Jeff Holstein, Transportation Engineer, at 763-493-8102.
Haulers can contact Mn/DOT at 651-366-5400 or at their internet site which is www.mndot.gov/loadlimits to determine when the road restrictions end using the stated information. Note that the City of Brooklyn Park is in the Metro Zone.