Get a behind-the-scenes look and understanding of how your fire department works.
What is the Community Fire Academy?
The Community Fire Academy is a way teach and show everyday folks how the Brooklyn Park Fire Department works on a daily basis.
Graduates will receive a certificate of completion.
- A 8-week course
- Meets every Tuesday from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
- Spring session runs April 16 to June 4
- Forcible entry
- Advanced airways
- Hose lines, pumping, and water supply
- Search and rescue
- Technical rescue
- Vehicle extrication
- Ventilation and hazardous materials
- And much more
Who can join the academy program?
- Residents of Brooklyn Park
- People who work in Brooklyn Park
- Students going to school in Brooklyn Park
- Must be 18 or older
Learn directly from the officers and staff who work in the Brooklyn Park Fire Department. Topics may be lead by:
- Fire chief
Our instructors use a variety of methods to help you learn, including:
- Class room materials
- Hands-on exercises
Free. There is no cost to participate in this program.
Applying for the academy program