The City’s Assessing Department sets the estimated market value and classification of each parcel in the city.
Property values and classification are based on state law. The assessor appraises property at market value and classifies based on actual use.
- Maintain homestead status of properties
- Maintain property records
- Review all property at least once every five years
- Review property with new construction or building permits
- Manage the property value appeals process
- Manage programs related to property assessment and classification
More information on property taxes
MN Department of Revenue – property tax refund and special property tax programs