If you received a citation which says Administrative Citation along the top, you may request a hearing to contest the citation and fine.
Received a citation?
Administrative Citations are issued for violation to city ordinances. Residents who have been sent an Administrative Citation can appeal for free.
Who can request a hearing?
- Residential: the home owner
- Business: any employee of the business
How to request a hearing
- Call 763-488-6487 or email firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of citation date
- Give the following information:
- Phone number with area code
- Citation number and/or case number
- Wait for your hearing notice to arrive in the mail and email
- Come in on the scheduled date and time for your hearing
What happens at the hearing?
The hearing will be informal with no strict rules of evidence. The hearing will be recorded. The City will give its information and you will have a chance to respond. The hearing officer, who is not a City employee, will decide the case. You will be given a copy of the decision.
You must show up within 15 minutes of your scheduled time. If not, the hearing officer will decide the case in your absence.
For questions regarding the Administrative Hearing process please use the contact form below.