Brooklyn Park, MN (March 2020) – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is starting spring load restrictions in the Metro Zone, which includes Brooklyn Park, on March 6 at 12:01 a.m.
As in the past, the spring load restrictions within the City of Brooklyn Park on City roadways will run concurrent to the Mn/DOT restrictions and the following postings are appropriate:
- Louisiana Avenue (62nd Avenue to 63rd Avenue) – 5 tons
- Modern Road (Boone Avenue to West Broadway) – 5 tons
- 62nd Avenue (Lakeland Avenue to Douglas Drive) – 4 tons
- 109th Avenue (Xylon Avenue to Douglas Drive) – 4 tons
- Cherokee Drive (Boone Avenue to Xylon Avenue) – 5 tons
All other roadways are limited to 9 tons per axle.
The only vehicles allowed in excess of these limits are utility service vehicles, garbage haulers, buses, and emergency vehicles.
Haulers can contact Mn/DOT to find out when the road restrictions end.