Text Size


Home Improvements

Loan programs

Not sure where to begin with your home improvement projects? The City of Brooklyn Park is dedicated to assisting homeowners and can help connect you with the following loan programs through the Center for Energy and Environment (CEE):

For more information contact the City's nonprofit partner. The Center for Energy and Environment administers the program on behalf of the City.

Phone and email

Center for Energy and Environment (CEE)
Visit Center for Energy and Environment's website

Healthy Home Grant

Hennepin County and Sustainable Resources Center are partnering to help suburban Hennepin County homeowners fix potential health and safety threats in their homes.

Healthy Homes grants are available to repair your home, including:

  • Fixing safety hazards like broken steps
  • Removing rodents and insects
  • Addressing moisture problems and repairing water damage
  • Removing toxic materials

Phone and email

Sustainable Resource Center
Visit Sustainable Resource Center's website

Front Yard Fix-up Grant

The City of Brooklyn Park Front Yard Fix-up Grant is now available! The Front Yard Fix-up Grants will help low and moderate income homeowners to fix-up the outside of their single-family homes and front yards. Projects must be located in the front or side yard of a home and must be visible from a public street. The program will help spruce up neighborhoods and protect property values.

Apply for the Front Yard Fix-up Grant

The program provides a matching grant of $1,000 to $7,500 to low and moderate income households to make repairs, additions and upgrades to the front exterior and yard of their homes. 

Projects must have a minimum cost of $2,000 and may include:

  • Repairs
  • Additions
  • Grading around the home
  • Fixing a foundation leak
  • Trimming or removing overgrown or dead shrubs and trees
  • Replacement or addition of new shrubs and trees
  • Addition of a front porch
  • Other

See page three for a more complete list of eligible activities. 

The money for the Front Yard Fix-up Grants comes from the Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. To receive a grant, households must have a total household income at or below 80% area median income (AMI) for Hennepin County adjusted annually by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Phone and email

John Kinara
Email John Kinara

Contact us

City Hall

5200 85th Ave. N.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
View map and directions to City Hall


Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Phone and email

John Kinara
Email John Kinara

close (X)