Community Engagement: Future of Brooklyn Park
Brooklyn Park is the sixth largest city in Minnesota with a highly diverse population. This is a sharp contrast to the community that was founded by potato farmers of European heritage.
The significant demographic change over the last 20 years resulted in Brooklyn Park being a community of communities. People of different backgrounds were living near one another but not with each other. There was a disconnection among communities.
That’s why a group of residents called the Core Planning Team created a mission statement and core values for our community.
Brooklyn Park’s mission
Brooklyn Park, a thriving community inspiring pride where opportunities exist for all.
Community core values
- Everyone has equal intrinsic value
- Diversity enriches community
- Trust is the foundation for building a healthy community
- The community thrives when each individual takes responsibility to contribute
- When a community supports all its members, it thrives
So how will we achieve our mission?
By focusing on three areas:
- Resources - Make sure we use all our resources of our diverse community to make sure we make our goals a reality
- Diversity - Engage our diverse community to promote acceptance and understanding of one another
- Youth - Ensure the success of all our young people by using community assets
Volunteer: you have the power to make a difference
Volunteer on one of our teams to help achieve the community’s mission. If you are a resident, community organization or business owner, you have the potential to make a positive impact in your community.
5200 85th Ave. N.
Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
View map and directions to City Hall
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
We are closed Thursday and Friday, November 23 and 24 for Thanksgiving.
Phone and email
Email Josie Shardlow